Has The Downturn In
The Economy Affected
Your Loved Ones?
submitted by Nancy Vest
of Home Instead Senior Care, 952-929-5695
Ten Warning Signs That A Senior Is Cutting Too Many
While financial hardship might be difficult for most
people, it can prove to be dangerous for seniors
living on a fixed income. Poor nutrition,
skipped medications, a house that is too hot or cold
even extreme isolation can be life-threatening for an
The best way to make sure that your senior loved ones
are safe and well at home is to go and check things
out directly, or if you are unable to do so, send
someone you trust to the home who can look around and
evaluate things first-hand.
Ten Cost-Cutting Warning Signs To Watch For:
Is your senior's
home too warm in the summer and too cold in
Is the lawn not getting mowed nor is the sidewalk
in inclement weather?
3. Is your loved one
complaining about not being able to afford
home repairs not getting done?
5. Is there a shortage of food in the house?
6. Is your senior skipping doctor's appointments?
7. Is your older adult staying home more and becoming
8. Is your senior cutting out entertainment?
9. Does your loved one eat out less?
10. Did your senior cancel a vacation?
For more information, call Home Instead Senior Care: